On Wednesday, November 19, Nancy Petro reported on this blog about the exoneration of Ricky Jackson after 39 years in prison. See that story here.
CNN has posted a great video of his release from prison. See the 2 minute CNN video here.
- RIP exoneree Darby Tillis
- Chicago Tribune review of Parade, a musical about a wrongful conviction
- How the criminal justice system fails the deaf community
- A Catholic monsignor has been exonerated by the Vatican for alleged child abuse, after being suspended from the church for more than a decade. [Editors note: While I don’t know anything about this case, and whether this monsignor is innocent or guilty, knowing what I know about the criminal justice system and how we humans are prone to the witch hunt mentality (like we saw with the “Day Care Hysteria Cases“), I wouldn’t be surprised if some of the abuse cases against Catholic priests coming in the past 15-20 years are bogus.]
- South China Morning Post: Reduction in number of crimes eligible for death penalty move in right direction
- Recent exoneree Michelle Murphy discusses life outside of prison
- Innocence Project (Cardozo) says DNA clears Minnesota man of murder; prosecutors disagree
- The Mississippi Supreme Court has ruled the state’s program that provides compensation to inmates wrongfully convicted of crimes covers not only time behind bars but also house arrest.