The Center for the Global Study of Wrongful Conviction at the University of Cincinnati College of Law was created to facilitate and enhance awareness and activism surrounding the problem of wrongful conviction of the innocent around the world. To achieve this goal, the Center will strive to:
- Provide content for the Wrongful Convictions Blog, the goals of which are outlined here;
- Enhance network-building and the sharing of ideas and tools among scholars and activists, in various parts of the world, attempting to combat the scourge of wrongful conviction of the innocent;
- Nurture the growth of attorneys or organizations who are armed to fight wrongful convictions by appropriate means in their particular legal and political environment;
- Assist with funding or locating funding for strategic and impactful scholarship and research on wrongful convictions in areas of the world in need of inquiry on this topic;
- Assist with funding or locating funding for strategic and impactful international conferences on wrongful conviction.
To inquire, contact Center Director Mark Godsey