Blog EditorRosenthal Institute for Justice/Ohio Innocence Project Order Here
Justin BrooksProfessor, California Western School of Law; Director, California Innocence ProjectOrder his book Wrongful Convictions Cases & Materials 2d ed. here
Liza DietrichResearch and Writing Specialist & Outreach Program Coordinator for the Ohio Innocence Project |
Daniel EhighaluaNigerian Barrister; Project Director, Innocence Project Nigeria
Phil LockeScience and Technology Advisor, Ohio Innocence Project and Duke Law Wrongful Convictions Clinic
Dr. Carole McCartneyReader in Law, Faculty of Business and Law, Northumbria University
Nancy PetroAuthor and Advocate Order her book False Justice here
Shiyuan HuangAssociate Professor, Shandong University Law School; Visiting Scholar, University of Cincinnati College of Law Presumed Guilty here
Category Archives: Life after exoneration
- Alabama executes Thomas Arthur without performing the DNA testing he sought for years.
- In North Carolina, Kalvin Michael Smith is out of prison but not free
- Typically, nothing happens to prosecutors who engage in misconduct.
- A profile of Tricia Bushnell of the Midwest Innocence Project
- In Ohio, prosecutors have a duty to correct the wrongful conviction of Kevin Keith
- Is the famous Medieval serial killer Bluebeard actually innocent?
- This is great—law firm of Winston & Strawn stops a wrongful conviction based on faulty eyewitness ID before it happens
- Wrongful conviction in Australia leads to legal reforms
- In Ohio, prosecutors have a duty to correct wrongful conviction of Kevin Keith
- Ohio Innocence Project exoneree Ray Towler forgives, and sees bright future
- What science says about the Netflix show The Keepers and false memories
- Firearms expert helps free Detroit man he helped convict years earlier
- Police can fight confirmation bias with more deliberate, slower decision making
- Learn about what The Exoneree Band is up to these days
- The Ohio Innocence Project exonerees Rickey Jackson, Nancy Smith and Clarence Elkins on yesterday’s episode of The Doctors, talking about PTSD
- Article spotlighted how bad interrogation techniques lead to false confessions
- Innocence movement hero Jennifer Thompson speaks up about how new legislation in Alabama could hurt the innocent
- Son speaks out about mom’s wrongful conviction
- Tyler Edmonds, wrongfully convicted at 14, challenges Mississippi’s compensation law that excludes those who falsely confessed.
- Indiana man exonerated from rape conviction by DNA testing after 25 years in prison
- Exonerated after 20 years, San Antonio Four member Anna Vasquez seeks justice for others
- In the early 1990s, the police arrested three men for crimes they didn’t commit. It’s taken 25 years for justice to be served. It wasn’t an accident.
- Federal judge says man convicted of French Quarter murder in 1980 must be retried or released
- Podcast of recent exoneration in South Africa, with exoneree, lawyer, and journalist who broke the story.
- Zaruhi Mejlumyan, a journalist who is creating the Armenian Innocence Project, wins award for her advocacy work surrounding wrongful convictions
- Take the quiz…..How much do you know about America’s guilty plea problem?
- Profile of Innocence Project Northwest in Seattle
- Can a surgical procedure help minimize PTSD in exonerees?
- More on plea bargaining as a national problem
- Meet the innocent couple who found love after death row