- Florida House of Representatives passes bill to compensate exoneree William Dillon $1.35 million for spending 27 years in prison for a murder he didn’t commit. Visit Bill’s Foundation here and download his album on iTunes or listen here (his album is really good!).
- Dallas DA Craig Watkins questions death penalty and talks of his own great-grandfather’s execution in 1932
- A British barrister is trying to get the Queen to posthumously pardon 12 women executed in 1612 for allegedly being witches 🙂
- The Kentucky Supreme Court has agreed to hear an appeal by the Innocence Project (Cardoza) regarding the right to DNA testing in a 1992 murder case.
- Twists and turns in the California Innocence Project’s William Richards case.
- Police manufacturing evidence leads to miscarriages of justice in Jamaica
- Mississippi Innocence Project asks judge to toss convictions in aggravated assault case.
- Editorial on America’s failing criminal justice system
- Report by Pennsylvania Supreme Court calls pay for capital punishment defenders “grossly inadequate.”
- New York bill expands collection of DNA for database but fails to correct causes of wrongful conviction
- Pennsylvania Innocence Project hosts performance of The Scottsboro Boys
Mark GodseyDaniel P. & Judith L. Carmichael Professor of Law, University of Cincinnati College of Law; Director, Center for the Global Study of Wrongful Conviction; Director, Rosenthal Institute for Justice/Ohio Innocence Project | Email | Profile
Justin BrooksProfessor, California Western School of Law; Director, California Innocence Project | Email
Cheah Wui LingAssistant Professor, Faculty of Law, National University of Singapore Email | Profile
Liza DietrichResearch and Writing Specialist & Outreach Program Coordinator for the Ohio Innocence Project | Email
Daniel EhighaluaNigerian Barrister; Project Director, Innocence Project Nigeria Email
Jessica S. HenryAssociate Professor of Justice Studies, Montclair University Email | Profile
C Ronald HuffProfessor of Criminology, Law & Society and Sociology, University of California-Irvine Email | Profile
Phil LockeScience and Technology Advisor, Ohio Innocence Project and Duke Law Wrongful Convictions Clinic Email
Dr. Carole McCartneyReader in Law, Faculty of Business and Law, Northumbria University Email
Nancy PetroAuthor and Advocate
Kana SasakuraProfessor, Faculty of Law, Konan University Innocence Project Japan
Dr. Robert SchehrProfessor, Department of Criminology & Criminal Justice, Northern Arizona University; Executive Director, Arizona Innocence Project Email | Profile
Shiyuan HuangAssociate Professor, Shandong University Law School; Visiting Scholar, University of Cincinnati College of Law Email | Profile
Ulf StridbeckProfessor of Law, Faculty of Law, University of Oslo, Norway
Martin YantAuthor and Private Investigator Email | Profile