The Center has been working to provide support and information to representatives in the Philippines interested in starting an Innocence Network Organization there. I just got an email announcement from one of the founders, Jaime Syjuco, stating that one had formed in the past week. Here are some details from the email:
I thought this email beforehand would be opportune to share some good news/progress regarding the startup of the IP Philippines.
Last Saturday June 16, we held the first IP workshop at the University of the Philippines DNA lab. Attending were:
- College of Law, Ateneo de Davao University;
- College of Law, De La Salle University;
- DNA Analysis Laboratory, NSRI, University of the Philippines;
- Free Legal Assistance Group [FLAG];
- Give Up Tomorrow Team; and
- Office of Legal Aid, College of Law, University of the Philippines.
The 6 groups above have agreed to establish the IP Philippines.
It was also discussed that a tie-up with the University of the Philippines’ Film Institute may work towards getting Film Students involved in documenting the work of the IP Philippines….
More details to follow…
Pingback: More details on launch of Philippine Innocence Project… | Wrongful Convictions Blog
Pingback: Launch of Philippines Innocence Project | Wrongful Convictions Blog